Thursday, June 8, 2006

We did it!

Put yesterday down as one of the most stressful one of the year. 

Strike that...make it one of the stressful ones of the decade.

Come to think of it, I have been preparing for that day for years and years.  About 15 of them, to be exact.  That's the day I stood on my porch on Pillow Street with my toddlers, watching the neighbor kids going off on their first day of school.  I was crying, knowing that the day that my boys went to school and then graduated was coming way too fast.

Yesterday it came.  Andy graduated from high school. 

I cried.

True to Andy's imagine, his mode of transportation was unique.  His best friend, TJ, came to accompany him to the school:

Yes, they cause plenty of commotion when they ride those tall bikes!

The weather was perfect - we heard thunder in the distance, but there was a breeze in the stadium.  The graduating class was nearly 600.  With nearly 4500 spectators, they  marched them into the stadium in a line that seemed never ending.  Of course, my tears started to flow with the first notes of Pomp and Circumstances and continued to flow through out the entire ceremony!

I can't believe how efficiently the entire ceremony went.  There were the appropriate number of speeches with the required number of jokes.  They got those kids announced, seated and out the door again in about 90 minutes. 

Afterwards, everyone took advantage of the beautiful evening sun for photo opportunities.

Best friends for years, Andy and TJ.  Yes, we took photos of Andy with his proud parents.  Why am I not showing them?  I told you, I cried from the first Pomp of the first Circumstance!

Andy couldn't wait to ditch his cap and gown and came out of the school ready to roll:

Afterwards, Andy and TJ prepared to leave...

And as they rode off into the sunset, we, the proud parents watched.

We made it!  Three out of four done and graduated.  We'll do this again next year, Chapter 4.  Makes a mom proud!

If you want me, I'll be weeding the shady garden while patting myself on the back.

YaaaaaaaaHoooooooooooHooooooooooo!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I know the 2 story bike would work its way into graduation somehow?? Tell Andy I said "Job well done. Now, go set the world on fire." (with the welder would be a nice touch.lol)