Friday, June 24, 2005

Darn you, LynnH

Okay, just when my brain was full, I cop a peek at the pattern for toes up socks I got from LynnH at Color Joy.  I was intrigued, I was mermerized, I was captivated, I was starting another pair of socks, this time toe up...this time at 1AM.

Oh I know, my buns are dragging today, but I really wanted to get something started with the new yarn, Dancing, that I got from Knit Picks.  So far, I'm liking it, it's 41% cotton and reminds me a lot of the fortissima cotton yarn I bought last spring, but this isn't about the yarn, the GREAT serivce you get from Knit Picks, or my lack of sleep...it's about the Pattern!

I can't say enough.  I thought, I believed, that I would never make a toe up sock.  I'm toe-uppingly challenged.  I wanted, I desired, I craved, the knowlege, but even with Queen Kahuna's book, I couldn't get it.

Seven seconds with Lynn's instructions and I have a lightbulb go off in my head and I'm off and running...and I now have a toe...and soon I'll have the 'up' to go with it. 

 

No comments: