Saturday, September 17, 2005

Cheryl, the Luddite no more!

I gotta tell you this before I go...

Cheryl and I have been friends since about 5th grade...twenty odd years ago, she moved to Texas and we lost touch.  I missed her!

Once I got my computer (years and years ago), I tried almost everything to find her (you know how easy it is to find people when you are online).  Nothing...nada...just couldn't find her, even though I searched all those sites...

One day, about 3 years ago, I found an email address for her sister-in-law, who had gone to school with my sister.

I wrote, and she not only answered, but gave me Cheryl's phone number.  I called and found out that not only was she still in Texas, but that all the times I was in that wonderful state, we were very close to each other.

I also found out that her Technoligical advancement stopped with the colored TV.  Not only was she not online, but she didn't even use a microwave!  Yeppers, the domestic diva of the home ec classes that I failed, had no clue...

It didn't stop us...we managed to giggle our way, long distance...for the past three years.  We have shared all the good and bad...and I love that woman...even though she was a luddite...

Last week, she announced (with great pride) that she had finally gotten the courage to touch a computer...not only that...she liked it!

Yesterday, she called to share all kinds of wonderful quilting sites she had found!

Today I am going to send her an email and invite her to come and visit my home on the internet...

So...if you see an eccentric, bohemian luddite of the femail persuasion wandering around...just turn her around and send her back to Texas!

Welcome, Cheryl!

Now I'm really going...see you next week!

 

No comments: