Friday, August 26, 2005

It's good to be queen.

This is me walking down the stairs this morning:

It's not easy doing a self portrait that early in the morning, but trust me, you do not want to see me, pre coffee and contacts, wearing my pajamas, socks and slippers.  Believe me:  I am queen and it feels damn good.

From time to time, things fall into place in my life...all my fears and doubts melt away.  All things I believed to be true and right prove to be just so.  I am queen.

Of course, there is some degree of self arse kicking involved, but that's just life.  Anyone watch Oprah yesterday?  Greg B (can't remember his last name), author of He's Just Not That Into You was on.  Loved it except for the times I was kicking myself in the behiney because I didn't put those words on paper and write the book myself when I had the revelation. 

During the show, I called my friend Joy, who is smart, educated, pretty, funny, interesting and wasting her time with a man who is just not into her.  She was crying, not out of sadness as much as out of relief.  She said she felt like she had been suffering from a strange disease for years and feared the worst.  Now she had a diagnosis.  He was just not that into her!  I think she'll live. I'm going to lend her my crown this afternoon.

Life clicked into place.  All those unresolved relationships in the past, my first marriage that I let end without fighting back, all that crap going on during my single years can be explained with the statement, he just wasn't that into me.

This should be manditory for all single people, men and women.  Women need to memorize the vital signs, men need to know we know and vice versa...

We are women, hear us roar!

What's that? you don't have a tiara to wear down the stairs in the morning?  Get one!  Get them for your daughters too.  My daughter has one (a gift from her ever loving mom) that she wears when she cleans on Saturdays.  I have been known to wear mine to the bank or the grocery store.  When people stare at me, I explain:  I am queen.

Some women get it.  They smile.  Others don't.  They move away.  The way I see it is this:  you can either be queenor you can not.  You can choose, but why wouldn't you be?

My royal coffee perks.  Today is my baby's 17th birthday.  We will celebrate, but most of all, I will hug him.  He's one of the loves of my life.  I have many, but after all, I am queen.

I will edit this entry later to include a photo of Tony on his special day.  For now, I will have coffee and work on the sign for above my kitchen door.  It will read:  The Queen Lives Here!

Peace!

Jan

No comments: