Friday, August 19, 2005

What next?

Well, if the past two days have been any indication of things to come, I am going back to bed and pull the covers over my head.

Wednesday, Andy went to help a friend.  This sweet man just got out of the hospital that day and needed some yard work done.  Andy went to his house after work.  We didn't expect him to come home until 8, so when he pulled up at 6, we thought something was wrong.

How true.  While using the electric hedge clippers, he managed to cut through his fingernail and into his finger.

G-r-oooo-s-s!  Mark looked at it, decided that nothing could be done other than clean it and wait for the loose part to detach and fall off. 

Note:  I did not want to look.  I can face any crisis.  If YOU came to me with your hand in a basket, I'd know what to do and do it without hesitation.  When it is one of my kids, chances are you'll have to push my head between my knees before giving him medical attention.

I did look and we made a trip to the drug store (ever notice that even if you have a fully stocked first aid kit, you always need something?), this time for a metal finger protector and Sponge Bob bandaids.

Once done, I heard Mark ask Andy what a '9 foot, tunnel hull, wooden boat' was.  Andy didn't know, but once he realized it was an ad in the paper, he was on the phone.  Within 90 minutes, he was the proud owner of yet another boat...this one was indeed 9 feet long.

Add that to our fleet.  We now possess a 23 foot sailboat that is currently at the marina, several (and I don't remember how many, it changes from day to day) kayaks, a row boat and a wind surfer.  I guess we sold a canoe, but I don't remember when. 

It's cute and it has a history.  It was designed and built by the seller in the mid or early 80's.  When they met to do the paperwork, the man brought along a copy of the plans he typed, photo copied and sold.  He also brought along clippings from Popular Mechanics, Boat World and a German magazine, complete with photos of THIS boat!

It's now in our garage. It was too dark last night when they brought it home to photograph, but I'll be sure to get one today.

Not to be outdone, Tony came home from work last night with a new mountain bike...

As I said before...what next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot, I didn't even know you had a journal until I clicked your name to pull up your profile.  Love your personal quote "Dreams are renewable"