Friday, January 20, 2006

Gee Whiz!

How in the world does one get out of habits so easily?  I really want to keep this blog going, if not for the few readers I had captivated in the past, but for me to help keep track of my life.  I stink at it!

Today was the last day of the semester for the kids.  Andy has now, or will on Wednesday when they go back to school, begun his last semester of high school.  Wonder if he is sad?  I hate to ask him...I can't handle the eye rolling...can't they understand that they will always be my babies?

Tony and I drove around today, looking at windows.  No, not window shopping, but looking at how people replace the windows on their old houses...There is a house in Lyndora that is/was the twin of our house, or was before those ultimate renovations began.  It's still very close and they have the 12 pane windows-in bad shape, but still wonderful.

I made up my mind that those are what I wanted.  We got one price today...about $500 each, uninstalled!  Considering we need 17 of those and three casement windows, I don't think we'll be heading for top of the line any time soon, or at least not all at once.  Wow!  Very old houses are like very young lovers...very expensive to keep!

Tomorrow is chore day around here.  Andy works half a day and I'm sure he had things to do after that...but I'll capture him and force him to do something to earn his keep. 

Sunday is a big day for us...Tony has a hockey game in the morning, he and Mark are determined to hit a couple buckets of balls at the indoor driving range, we're invited to a Steelers' party in the afternoon and then the kids have two more days off. 

It will be nice to go to someone else's house for the football game. I usually host the Sunday activities. Mark's sister will host this week...yippee!

But it's bedtime now...but before I go, for your viewing pleasure...here's my mother, Christmas Eve, with all our stockings...

Sweet dreams!

 

 

 

No comments: