Sunday, January 22, 2006

Windows: you can see right through them!

Well, after Friday's sleepless night...

"Sleepless?" you ask.

"You bet your bippy," I reply.

"Why?" 

"It's Mark's fault," I reply.

And it is...Mark and I decided, after much deliberation, that our next labor of love/major expenditure/gift to the house goddess would be new windows for the house on the hill (HotH).  

For those of you who don't remember, HotH is a 163 year old brick colonial that sits high on the hill, surrounding the new kids on the block, or those darling little houses that were built on much of the farm about 50 years ago. 

 

Now, I am not naive enough to think that window shopping is a breeze...or that it could be done in a day...but the things I didn't know could fill a dumpster!

As in the past, my major concern was financial.  Could we afford this?  Now, in this age of simplicity, they throw many new twists and turns into the decision making process:  First, you answer a million questions...wood or vinyl?  What color?  What kind of glass, insulating properties...and last but least, how many panes? 

I had my heart set on double hung with six panes on top, six on bottom, but when we went out looking at windows in houses, it seems that EVERYONE and his uncle have those windows, from mobile homes to 100 year old houses...I wanted something outstanding...

So we shop on...

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your house!! I covet a house like this. Too bad I live so far away, I'd help you install those windows... I know how now.
Glad to see you back to posting more!
The Outta-State-Sorta-Twin ;o)