Thursday, January 12, 2006

Quick! Sing, dance, pray!

Woo hoo!  I'm not to sure what I did to piss off the A-O-Hell Gods, but when I accused a merchant of not responding to a request for information, they insisted that they responded and were waiting for my response to their response...

I dug through my 'spam' file and found out that EVERY-STINKING e-mail I got from Yahoo was sitting there, hoping I'd find them before AOL deleted them. (Hi Jacque!)

What did I miss?  Tons of stuff, but most of all,  I missed an email from my friend Cheryl, who has been my friend since we were about 10 years old.  She told me that her brother, who went to school with my late sister, was undergoing heart surgery last Monday.

Last Monday?  Holy breadsticks...I didn't pray for Tommy before his surgery, but I hope to heck that the gentleman upstairs knows and understands that my general prayers for that day included all those special people out there who need prayers and he credited just a titch of the special care to him.  I'm also praying in retrospect, especially until I can get in touch with Cheryl to find out how he's doing. 

Join me in prayer...if we pray loud enough, maybe sing a song of praise or two, maybe we can make a difference!  I know, you are wondering where the dance part comes into play...well, it couldn't hurt, could it?  Just keep it clean!

I heard on the radio this morning that this, from January 11 to February 10, is the dead of winter.  This is when we can expect those bone chilling freezing temps.  Okay...so why did I drop Tony off at the golf course today after he rode his bike to and from school?  Why did Andy come home from work to night at 9:30 with the doors off his jeep?  Why was it 59 on my thermometer today?  Why did I turn off the furnace?  'splain that to me?

I haven't given up on winter yet, though.  I'm still hoping to look out my kitchen window and see the snow falling at least one more time this year, maybe 2...I didn't even get to sled ride down the front hill this year.

Andy came home from work early tonight, Mark is spending the night with his father...another guys night out.  He claims that his ankle is feeling better, but he's limping as though it's not.

I'm working on moving this ol' blog to blog spot...it should happen in the next few weeks...I promise to let everyone know before I do.  Once the move is complete, I hope to get back to the daily blog with my thoughts a little more organized...so much goes on at the hilltop mansion that I have to put post-it notes on my desk to remember it all...

But for now, I'm going to make my boys some hot chocolate and give them big hugs and send them to bed...and NO, even though they are 19 and 17, they are not too old for that!

Until tomorrow!

Peace...

 

No comments: