Thursday, July 7, 2005

prozac for socks?

I"ll admit...I've viewed those other bloggers' sock adventures and sighed...my socks have no adventure to share...no excitement in their lives.  I felt their pain.  I could understand why they were depressed. 

When you are a sock, you are on the bottom of the heap. The excitement in your life depends on others.  You cannot make your own.  I felt bad.  Consider...the only excitement in my life, or my sock's life is downright dirty:

Last night, I went to bed with tears in my eyes.  I wished there were something I could do to brighten up my sock's day.

This morning, when I came downstairs, Franklin, my gnome, was looking depressed as well.  He hasn't had an adventure for quite some time...(do you think I"m living with a bunch of whiners???).

I killed two birds with one stone:

Yes, this is a different sock than the one in previous days.  I have TWO (yes, two, dammit) different socks going at one.  It is rare, but the first pair, at 12 spi, 15 rpi, was taking forever and I wanted to get to the good part of this pattern...completion!

So bite me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I am SO glad I found your journal! You and I have so much more in common than I ever knew, and your writing is hilarious!
One question - it appears as though you are knitting your socks from the toe up? Is there a pattern for this somewhere that you could share? I have knitted ONE pair of socks (amongst the dozens of projects I have completed) and the toes resemble the work of my toddler. LOL I am wondering if starting at the toe end would help? At least then I could rip it out and start over a few hundred times if need be, without ripping out all the rest of the work!

--Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you asked...although I have knit many, MANY socks, I was a failure at toe up.  I just bought LynnH's toe up sock pattern (http://www.colorjoy.com ) and had success the first try.  It's a great pattern!