Friday, July 22, 2005

What's in the box?

Well...this looks like a nice, innocent shoe box, doesn't it?

What's inside?

All the socks I've completed in the past six weeks, give or take a few days...

A nice pair of men's socks, a Christmas gift, so I can't tell who they are for.  These are made of Magic Stripe!

Another pair, for a man on my gift list...these are made of Lanna Grossa.  I love this yarn, the ball is squishy and the yarn knits easily.

Here's a pair of shorties, my boys love them, in Knit Picks' simple stripe, colorway storm.  The color isn't true on my monitor, the grays match better.  The bluish stripe is really lavendar.  It's gorgeous!  Also, did you know that Knit Picks now has solids in sock yarn?  I'm soooo excited!

These remind me of sherbert, but I can't remember the yarn.  I'll have to go and dig up my knitting journal so I can pass on the name of the yarn and care instructions to the recipient.  These are for a woman on my gift list!

Another pair of Magic Stripe. I think I have a whole cedar chest full of this yarn.  I've found out that if I don't do the entire cuff in ribbing, they lose their shape, but they are easy care!  As you can see, I hate tucking in those ends.  I usually leave them all until last minute and then do them all at once!

The socks nobody loves...A perfect example of how the Magic Stripe seems to sag...I should have ribbed the entire cuff.  Live and learn!

Why you should never wear hand knit socks inside your hockey skates...this is ONE afternoon of heavy duty skating.  I should be flattered that he loves his socks so much, but now I really do have to learn to darn socks.   Anyone have the url of a good tutorial?

So...that's what's in my sock box.  What's in yours?

 

No comments: