Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Safe Sox

Yes, even the orange sock buckles up when we go out!

As you can see, progress on the orange sock is slow.  Part of it is because the yarn is hard to work with but most of all, it's because I've gotten that urge to purge, a must to dust, and a farkle to sparkle again.  It's purely weather related, I'm sure.

I used to abhor talking on the phone...then along came cordless phones.  Now I can do all sorts of things.  Yesterday my friend Nancy called.  Frantic for something to do, I washed two kitchen windows from the inside.  They didn't look all that wonderful, so I went out and washed them from the outside.  Wow!

Window cleaner in hand, I went to the back entrance and did the windows there, the powder room mirror, upstairs to the bathroom where I did the mirror as well...on to my bedroom, my studio and then I stopped...or so I thought...

Next thing I knew, I was dusting!  Yesterday, my 161st day without cigarettes (not even a little cheat), I realized that I don't really like the smell of lemon pledge.  I think it was one of the few things I could smell, so I thought it was pleasant.  Not!

I started ripping the room apart, finding a few things to list on eBay (but that takes soooo much time), a few things for Goodwill, and a lot to trash.  I polished the table and got the urge to quit right then and there and create...but I resisted.

Today I'll wash the curtains for that room, sweep and mop the floor and I'll be ready to go...and considering Mark and his father leave Thursday morning for their adventure-north...well, who knows?

Andy had some problems with his contacts yesterday and his eye was all red and swollen again.  I'm wondering if his hygiene is impeccable when it comes to those things.  I know that I wasn't always diligent about washing my hands or cleaning out the lens case...I'd be just as happy if he didn't wear his contacts.

Andy was off yesteray, Tony is off today.  He said not to wake him until 10.  We have JR, but Tony plans to have him out on the golf course by noon until it's time for him to go to the dentist at 4.  I have no problem with that, lol.

Tonight we have a board meeting for hockey parents.  We're mediating an issue in the elementary league.  It's too dumb to consider including here...unless itcomes to blows tonight, consider it done.

And I'm outta here!

*poof*

No comments: