Saturday, July 9, 2005

Race car and me

Meet the newest addition to our family:

Race Car!

Don't even ask.  Race Car came to us much the same way Princess, the male cat did.  Andy, my 18 year old softie found him. 

With Princess, someone dropped a litter off behind the bike shop, with Race Car, the owner's son and daughter-in-law were moving and couldn't take him with them.

Between Pincess, Arnie and Race Car...it was a long evening.

Sock Progress?  Check out Franklin the sock gnome:

When I first put the sock on his head this morning, it came down and covered his beard!  The knitting is hard on the hands (cotton ease), so the progress is slow.  I know that I'd never use this yarn again, but it's making Tony very happy and will be perfect for what he needs.

Today's a quickie...I'm going on a mom-n-me adventure.  My cousin Susan called me last week and asked me to bring Mom and Aunt Kate (who is 84) to her house to visit with Aunt Helen.  Mind you, all these aunts are my father's sisters and I don't think there is much love lost between Mom and the two of them.  It's a two hour drive, Mom will certainly begin to feel stressed out, insecure, and that's when she lashes out and takes it all out on me. 

Short trip, loooooooong day.

If I"m not arrested for dropping two little old ladies off on the side of the road, I'll report in tomorrow.

 

No comments: